Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Summer Wrap-up

I'm finally able to sit down and update my blog.  Life just seems crazy right now and I don't have time to do anything.  I figured since I haven't blogged since Easter I better at least get on here and do a quick wrap-up of our summer.  We ended up having a pretty laid back summer.  We were forced to have it that way though.  At the beginning of summer Brady had a pretty traumatic incident.  While in Sunday school, he fell off of a stool and hit the back of his head.  Later that evening we ended up in the emergency room where we found out that it was a concussion and a small skull fracture.  Physically Brady was fine after about a week, but emotionally, he was shaken up.  After that incident he didn't want to do anything where we were not right there with him.  We had scheduled a class at The Little Gym and swim lessons but neither one worked out because he would just scream and cry at the thought of leaving our side.  He also had a hard time going back in to Sunday school but we kept at it and now he goes in with no problem again.  It was a tough summer watching him struggle with this new fear and also a very boring one for this stay-at-home mommy.  We made  it through though and now he seems to be getting over his fear about things a little quicker.  We started him back in preschool a couple weeks ago and he still cries a little at the door but he ends up having a blast.  

I don't know why but both of my kids grew so much this summer.  Brady is quite a bit taller and his feet have even grown.  Brooklyn is really starting to burn calories with all her crawling because she's turning into quite a petite little thing.  Brooklyn has learned so much this summer.  She is now officially a crawler.  She started off army crawling but now does it the hands and knees way.  She can really move when she wants to.  Especially if you are saying "Brooklyn no no."  She is even pulling up on things to the standing position and can walk a little bit.  I have a feeling she will be walking before Brady did.  He walked 2 weeks before he turned 1 and she is already moving like crazy at 10 months.  We'll see.  I think she is doing everything faster because she wants to keep up with him.  She adores her big brother.  And he loves her to but is too busy to notice her most of the time.  

I will say that life with 2 kids is so much crazier.  Especially with everything else going on too.  I often wonder if I could handle anymore kids but then I look at my precious babies and think there is no way I could be done.  They bring so much joy to my life and I feel so extremely blessed to call them mine.

 I had to include this picture to show how much thinner her hair was at the beginning of summer.  It has gotten really full now and it is so soft.  I love it!
 Our little crawler.
 Brooklyn gets in to everything now that she can move around on her own, so we decided it was time to put up the baby gates.  She stands up and shakes them like she is in prison.  Cracks me up.
 She loves being outside.  Even if it is blistering hot this girl loves being out.  Too bad mommy hates the Texas heat. :)
 My sweet little angel face.  She has the most beautiful smile.  I can't believe she is already 10 months.  More like 10 1/2 now.
Another example of Brooklyn getting in to everything.  She has her own buckets of toys but she much prefers going through her brothers.
 One of Brady's favorite activities is Playdough.  He will sit for almost 2 hours doing it completely unassisted.  I love this activity because I can put him at the kitchen table with it and I can cook or clean and not worry about him.  Yeah for Playdough!
 Brady's favorite indoor activity is riding his hotwheels.  This has been ongoing for about a year.  He rides that thing everyday.
 His favorite outdoor activity would be riding his bike.  He has one of those balance bikes and he is so good at riding it.  We go on neighborhood walks a lot and he has recently started riding his bike alongside us.  
 First day of preschool!  This look is "are you done taking my picture yet mom?"
 Brady loves going to the lakehouse.  He absolutely adores swimming in the lake.  He is so independent now too.  He wears a life jacket but he wants to swim all by himself now.  He'll even jump off the back of the boat. 
His first soccer picture.  It took a lot of tries to get this picture too.  He is loving soccer but I haven't figured out yet if we have a soccer prodigy.  He is too nice and won't take the ball from anyone.  I guess I need to toughin' him up. :)


No comments:

4th of July