Sunday, November 20, 2011

Brooklyn Girl

Well adjusting to life with a newborn has been a little rough this time around. Brooklyn is so precious in so many ways but she has had a lot of trouble with her tummy. We're not positive what is going on with her but she is now on Soy milk formula. From the time she was born she has always screamed bloody murder after her feedings. You can tell she is in pain because she kicks her legs and flails her arms. It breaks my heart and frustrates me all at the same time. It makes it even harder that I have a toddler that needs my attention as well. We have tried so many things and are now trying Soy milk formula and an all natural medicine called Colic Calm. We'll see if this combo works.

On a brighter note, Brooklyn is absolutely beautiful. She is a spitting image of her brother as a baby only she has dark skin and dark hair like her mommy. She is growing very well despite the vomiting. She actually eats really well. Hopefully that continues. Here are some pictures of my sweet angel.

This is one of our attempts at tummy time. She fell right to sleep. I think she really likes to be on her tummy. It must make her feel better. My poor baby girl. :(
This is her swing or her home right now. The doctor suggested keeping her at an angle so she sleeps in her swing all the time. It should be fun transitioning her to her bed when that day comes. Not looking forward to it.
Brooklyn has a nickname, Super Baby. Since the day she came out of my tummy she has been able to hold her head up. She will lift it all the way up when she is on her tummy. Even her doctor was amazed. It is so funny burping her because she holds her head up and away from your shoulder the whole time. It's like she wants to see your face. Adorable!
My precious babies. Brady just loves his sister. The only time he gets upset is when we tell him to be quiet. He does not like to be quiet at all. He always replies with "but I need to be loud." Other than that he has been totally loving to her. This is him giving her a kiss.
My sleeping beauty!

1 comment:

Team Hoff said...

I love the one with her holding her head up...too cute! I can't wait to see her.

4th of July