Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Brooklyn's 2 Months Old

I can't believe my baby girl's already 2 months old. Time really flies the second time around when you have a toddler running around like crazy. I've noticed I take WAY less pictures of Brooklyn than I did of Brady. I just don't have time. It's very sad when I stop and think about it. It's really hard to do anything right now with an extra kiddo added to the mix. I feel like I'm behind on everything. At least I'm catching up a little bit on the blog. :)

Brooklyn is such a sweet little girl. She has become so smiley and precious. She had a lot of trouble the first month adjusting to formula. She has really bad gas and we tried everything to help her out. We finally feel like we have the best combination of things right now and she is like a totally different baby. When we wake her up to eat she is so smiley and happy which is such a huge difference. I love it. There is nothing worse than your tiny baby being in pain and you don't know what to do about it.

Brooklyn is so different from Brady is so many ways. She is very sensitive. If you put her in a position she doesn't like she will scream and let you know about it. She also eats at a snale's pace. Brady would wolf down his food and beg for more. :) Brooklyn is a fabulous sleeper. She will go to sleep on her own without needing to be rocked. Brady had to be rocked till he was sound asleep and would still wake up most times when I put him down. She is already sleeping about 7 hours at night which I'm loving. I don't feel as exhausted this time around and I know it's because she has never woken me up more than once a night. She is so good to her mama.

We took her to her 2 month checkup this week and were surprised by her stats. Brady was always at the top of the charts for weight and height but Brooklyn is proving to be a dainty little thing.

Brooklyn's 2 month stats:
Weight 11lbs. 9oz. (67%)
Height 22in. (32%)

Brady was 13lbs. 3oz. and 24in. long. She is definitely going to be smaller. Her head is even tinier than Brady's. It's so fun seeing how they are different and how they are alike. The funniest thing they have had in common so far is that she screams and cries at red lights and stop signs just like Brady did. They cannot stand when the car stops. It cracks me up every time. :)
This is the face she makes right before she cries. She didn't like posing. :)
I love, love, love how much she is smiling now. It warms my heart that she is a happy baby. Especially after how rough the first month was.
Precious!
Brady adores his baby sister. He asks almost everyday to hold her. He is always saying "cute baby girl" or "sweet baby sister." I knew he would be an awesome big brother.
So I'm new to the whole headband thing and have learned not to leave one on your baby while they are in the car seat or else they will end up with an eye patch. :)
Brooklyn's first day of church!
More smiles!
She is definitely a Daddy's girl. Austin wasn't sure how he would feel about having a girl but man is he already wrapped around her finger. They have such a sweet relationship. He says she's already a little diva and I totally agree. :)

We love you baby girl and are so blessed to have you in our lives. Stop growing so fast!!!

No comments:

4th of July