Monday, October 31, 2011

Brooklyn Christine Elsner

Now that Brooklyn is one week old I guess I will finally sit down and blog about her birth. That's actually pretty good turn around time I think. :) Brooklyn was born 10/24/11 at 8:14am by Csection and she came out absolutely perfect weighing in at 7lbs. 1oz. and 19in. long. She has brought so much joy to our lives and I still can't believe God blessed me with a little girl. My family feels complete, for now, and we are all doing great. My surgery went very well this time around and even though recovery has been more difficult I feel like I'm finally starting to heal. I now know that I am allergic to every kind of pain killer and I have hives from head to toe. FYI, Advil does not do the trick after major surgery. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will be feeling better. Here are some pictures of Brooklyn's birthday. Enjoy!


First of all, ignore the splotches all over her, they did go away. :) Notice her feather clip on her cap? That is because of my wonderful friend Jennifer that was my delivery nurse in the operating room with me. She surprised me with Brooklyn's first accessory. It was so special having her there for our special day.

Meeting Mommy
Our newest addition!
Brady meeting Brooklyn for the first time. He was really shy and not sure what to think because I had just gotten out of surgery. He warmed up more later.

This is him warming up once we got into an actual room. He loved playing with her little fingers and still does. He calls them "little grabby fingers."

Spending time with her Nonna. The first of many cuddles to come.

I love how sweet Brady's face looks in this picture. He was falling in love.

Check out this precious face. She looks just like her big brother except a more feminine version. She also seems to have my more olive color skin and she has my dark hair. I can't wait to see what color her eyes end up being.

Going Home!

3 comments:

Team Hoff said...

PRECIOUS! I can't wait to meet her!

Devon said...

Just precious! :)

cmf9ferrell said...

She is so pretty Lindsey!!! I can't wait to see her next week!

4th of July